AgeSong Institute — a New Vision of Elder Care
We are the resource for people who care about Aging with Understanding, Wisdom and Grace. At AgeSong Institute, we are striving to work together as one family in service to the present and future generations. We are answering the call to re-create a community that sustains the needs of the elderly at the end of their life's journey.
— Rochelle Suri
A community that honors and supports the soul song of elders
Pacific Institute’s AgeSong Institute is a comprehensive community resource for professional therapists, students, volunteers, friends and family who seek knowledge, wisdom and inspiration from the often difficult work of caring for people of all ages, faiths and sexual orientation incapacitated by chronic illnesses or the inability to care for themselves due to the process of growing older.
AgeSong Institute follows a vision of promoting healthy aging for the growing elderly population by providing individualized and holistic treatment in therapeutic environments. As a response to the lack of mental health services and adequate approaches to help elders who present unique states of consciousness and as a response to negative connotations of aging and becoming old, Pacific Institute's AgeSong Institute addresses and treats psychological issues seniors face during this phase of their life. At AgeSong Institute, we have designed and help implement specialized programs of services for older adults and elders residing in care facilities or at home. Click here to learn more about AgeSong Institute.
AgeSong Institute partners with management companies like AgeSong Management Company and other organizations like Institute on Aging to make sure we can help create therapeutic environments where people are accepted as they are. Click here to know more about AgeSong Management Company.
Some of these specialized programs are as follows:
- Gerontological Wellness Program: delivers direct services with a comprehensive concept of care emphasizing the emotional, mental, and spiritual dimensions of aging.
- Forgetfulness (Dementia) Care: interdisciplinary approach to caring for people with different types of dementia, as the condition is commonly known. We prefer, however, to call our dementia program Forgetfulness Care, as it de-stigmatizes and depathologizes the symptoms of Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
- Expressive Arts Therapies: combines creative expressions such as painting, arts and crafts, dance, music, and sculpture with psychotherapy and life coaching.
- Intergeneration and International Visitor Program: A link between youth and students—from the United States and abroad—with seniors in our communities providing opportunities to make a difference in people's lives.
Read recent articles on AgeSong Institute's Gero-Wellness programs on our blog at AgeSongToday
- As Night Falls
- Alzheimer’s Services of East Bay Teams Up with AgeSong’s Gero-Wellness Program
- “My Heart Has Been Cracked Open with Love, Laughter, and Tears:” Gero-Wellness Interview with Suzanne Fried
The Institute for Advanced Training in Dance Movement Therapy Introduces Program at AgeSong
Recent Affiliates: International Institute for Advanced Training in Dance Movement Therapy
Dr. Marcia B. Leventhal, BC-DMT and Dr. Ilene A. Serlin, BC-DMT of Union Street Health Associates are pleased to announce the inauguration of the INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED TRAINING IN DANCE MOVEMENT THERAPY, dedicated to furthering the highest quality of worldwide education & professional development of dance movement therapy as a primary therapeutic modality.
Read more about The Institute for Advanced Dance Movement Therapy on AgeSongToday